Discovering how seeds germinate, how flowers bloom, and how plants naturally grow and bear fruits is experiencing another level of wonder and awe for life. To further appreciate these nourishing blessings for mankind, we’ll bring you to a place that is probably unfamiliar to most of you. This is a place where we reveal the fact that eggplants are technically berries, broccolis are actually flowers, and peanuts do grow underground. If you didn’t have idea about these, scroll down because there are quite lot for you to see, and maybe by then, you get to fully appreciate the food you eat by getting to know it a little bit better.
5. Chocolate are made from the beans that grow inside bright pods on a tree.
15. Saffron is the little orange stamen of a flower.
18. Cashew nuts grow outside the fruit.
20. Black pepper is made from dried fruits that grow on a vine.
21. Olives grow on trees with gnarled, rucked up trunks.
22. Avocados grow on trees.
23. Cranberries grow in low bushy plants.
24. Blueberries grow on little bushes.
25. Cloves are dried up flower buds of the clove tree.
26. Beetroots grow in the ground with little leafy tops.
27. Pomegranates grow on trees.
28. Cantaloupes grow on the ground like pumpkins.
29. Persimmons grow on big trees.
30. Bananas grow in clumps around a flower spike.
31. Paprika comes from ground-up dried red peppers that are technically the same species of bell peppers.
32. Lemons grow on trees like oranges.
33. Wasabi is made into a condiment by mashing up the root of the plant that’s from the cabbage family.